Our club meeting this week, Wednesday the 22nd, has been moved to Pinewood County Club. Bar opens at 7:00, meeting at 7:30. Pizza and wings will be provided. Thanks. HSF
All trails are currently closed. Just a reminder, riding on closed trails is trespassing. Please respect our generous landowners and stay off their property. A quick thanks to all the volunteers that spent countless hours trying to get as much trail open and safe as possible. Thanks! HSF
Quick Trail Update. Temperatures are in the 40’s across our entire trail system. Trails to the North are deteriorating fast while trails to the South are holding up a bit better, but expect bare areas and some water. We may have to close trails in the North soon. Stay tuned. – HSF
Wednesday’s club Meeting is canceled due to weather.
We are opening trails on a limited basis. We have cleared a lot of trees, but we still have some blockages and open water. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! There still may be hidden obstacles.
Here is where we are at-
Trails from Mumford NORTH to 104 are adequate.
The trail is closed and Impassable between 104 (Ridge Rd.) and Lawton Road.
Trails NORTH of Lawrence Road are adequate with reported low snow in some fields.
There are 3 large trees across the trail at the Hojack RR bed.
Trails from the railbed to Hamlin Beach are closed and blocked.
Please report any additional issues and again, take it slow.
Important Message from the Hilton Sno-Flyers!!
There is no legal snowmobiling on any local trails until the following conditions are met:
1.The earliest date local trails could open would be December 21st.
2. The ground must be frozen.
3. There should be approximately 6 inches of snow on the ground.
Please help us all by staying off the trails until they officially open.
For direct access to trail opening and other club alerts, register for text notifications.
Text SNOFLYER to 84483.
All club alerts will be posted on our FaceBook page as well.
We are all looking forward to a great season.
Thank you – HSF
Keep up to date on Club Meetings, Trail Work Details and other important information with
Hilton Sno-Flyers text alerts
Just click the image below to register your phone to receive text message alerts from
The Hilton Sno-Flyers:
Or Text SNOFLYER to 84483
to receive Hilton Sno-Flyers Alerts
from Hilton Sno-Flyers
Message and data rates may apply.
Text HELP for help.
Text STOP to cancel alerts at any time.
For additional assistance,
For a lot of you this is second nature, but this may be of help to some of our other members, you veterans may even see something on this list you may have forgotten.
Pre-Season Preparation Check List
- Check the spring repairs list for necessary actions and take care of any problems noted
- Chassis check – Inspect track, track tension & alignment, track studs, skid frame & mounting bolts, hyfax, idler wheels & wheel
bearings, shocks & springs, steering system, skis & ski alignment, ski runners, tighten ski bolts, check all other fasteners, and repair as needed
- Engine check – Inspect throttle cables, choke cables, fuel filter, fuel line fittings, exhaust system springs, fan belt or coolant l level, spark plug wires & caps, starter rope & recoil action, remove exhaust block rags, and service or repair as needed
Check water level, charge up, and install battery
- Check drive chain tension and chain case oil level – add recommended oil if needed
- Grease all fittings – don’t forget the speedometer drive fitting under the driven clutch
- Clean faces of both clutches and install/replace drive belt – follow manufacturer’s recommendations on clutch lubrication & replace belt if 1/8-inch narrower than specification
- Add some fresh gas and run sled on jack stand to burn out storage oil in engine
- Check all lights and kill switch operation
- Check brakes for proper operation
- Install new properly gapped spark plugs
- Top off oil tank
- Add owner’s manual, tool kit, spare parts, and tow rope
- Apply new registration validation stickers
- Wash and wax snowmobile thoroughly
- Apply vinyl protectant to seat cover and soft plastics