We’ll be cheering in the Holidays at our next meeting on Wednesday evening December 21st. Please come and celebrate with us!!
The meeting will be at the Ferris Goodridge American Legion Post 330 in Spencerport. For a $10 donation to the Legion, we will be serving up a steak dinner. Dinner tickets will be sold starting at 6:30pm followed by a BRIEF meeting at 7:30 with dinner immediately afterward.
If you’re not a member yet, arrive early and you can renew your membership. We’ll also have HSF gear available for sale. These sweatshirts, hoodies, and hats make great Christmas gifts!!
Please RSVP by Wednesday December 7th so we have a head count. You can reply to this message, call / text to 585-236-4766, or message us on Facebook.
There will also be door prize gift raffles, 50/50, and games as well as our Super Cash Raffle Drawing for up to $1000! Hope to see you there!
A big thanks to Docksiders Pub and Oven for their generous donation of all the steaks this year!
The 2022 – 2023 season is upon us! We do continue to update this website, but the latest and most recent information will always be on our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/HSFsnow
For a lot of you this is second nature, but this may be of help to some of our other members, you veterans may even see something on this list you may have forgotten.
Pre-Season Preparation Check List
- Check the spring repairs list for necessary actions and take care of any problems noted
- Chassis check – Inspect track, track tension & alignment, track studs, skid frame & mounting bolts, hyfax, idler wheels & wheel
bearings, shocks & springs, steering system, skis & ski alignment, ski runners, tighten ski bolts, check all other fasteners, and repair as needed
- Engine check – Inspect throttle cables, choke cables, fuel filter, fuel line fittings, exhaust system springs, fan belt or coolant l level, spark plug wires & caps, starter rope & recoil action, remove exhaust block rags, and service or repair as needed
Check water level, charge up, and install battery
- Check drive chain tension and chain case oil level – add recommended oil if needed
- Grease all fittings – don’t forget the speedometer drive fitting under the driven clutch
- Clean faces of both clutches and install/replace drive belt – follow manufacturer’s recommendations on clutch lubrication & replace belt if 1/8-inch narrower than specification
- Add some fresh gas and run sled on jack stand to burn out storage oil in engine
- Check all lights and kill switch operation
- Check brakes for proper operation
- Install new properly gapped spark plugs
- Top off oil tank
- Add owner’s manual, tool kit, spare parts, and tow rope
- Apply new registration validation stickers
- Wash and wax snowmobile thoroughly
- Apply vinyl protectant to seat cover and soft plastics